If you like to climb, this is the ride for you. We start this trip from our bike shop in downtown Puerto Vallarta, following The Cuale River for 5km. You will see the typical way of life as we pass through the villages along the river. Soon, we will hit the dirt road and begin to climb for 17 km until we reach an altitude of 1000 mts.
On the way, you will get to see the four " Rancherias" (small villages) of Las Guasimas, El Hundido, El Jorullo, and San Pedro. While riding you will be enjoying some of the most spectacular panoramic views that the Sierra Madre has to offer. At the top, we can stop for lunch and refreshments in San Pedro with Dona Reyna and her famous handmade tortillas.
On the way back down the mountain, you will experience the most exciting downhill riding in the Puerto Vallarta region.
- Terrain: cobblestones and dirt road. Not technical.
- Length of Ride: 5.5 hrs approximately. 48 Km, 3,500 feet of climbing.
- Recommended for: Advanced riders with high level of fitness and endurance.
- "All prices include guide, hardtail bike, helmet, gloves, and water."
- - Full suspension bikes are also available for $10 US extra.